Wallpaper can dramatically change the look of a room. Wallpaper can add texture, color and/or designs to a room. It can be a single, solid color, a pattern, a picture and can even include textures. Some wallpaper includes glittery or shiny surfaces.
When wallpapering a room, put on a base coat first. Otherwise getting it off later may be very difficult. As when painting a wall, preparing the wall first will make the treatment look better.
Sometimes wallpaper can be used to provide a decorative surface for other objects, such as boxes or shelves.
There are some relatively new types of wallpaper which are designed to be temporary. Sometimes they are called apartment wallpaper.
- DIY Doctor on Wallpapering
- Reader's Digest on How to Hang Prepasted Wallpaper: Successfully wallpaper a room even if you've never done it before. By Jeff Timm From The Family Handyman
- About.com's Interior Decorating section on Wallpaper Hanging Instructions and Tips
- eHow,com on How to Wallpaper a Room and How to Remove Wallpaper from A Wall
- Wallpaper adds another layer to home decorating: Modern looks are bolder, more exotic and easier to use. By Donna M. Owens, Special to The Baltimore Sun
- Shop Wallpaper
- Wall Decor Blog