We all sleep. One of the things a home provides is a comfortable, safe place to sleep.
Sleeping is a state that most of us go through on a day-to-day basis. It is a phase of unconsciousness, in a way it is a phase where we hibernate to rejuvenate our body to take on the next day. Most people sleep between the times of 9 P.M. to 8 A.M. with hours usually going from six to ten hours.
Sufficient sleep is necessary to our health and sanity. Significant fractions of our homes are usually devoted to a place to sleep and materials or bedding to make a more comfortable sleeping environment.
People suffering from stress, anxiety or have a form of a sleeping disorder find it more difficult to sleep. Some tips to help get to sleep better:
- reading a book
- drinking warm milk
- having a warm bath or shower
- switching off all electronic devices at 10 P.M. or earlier
- no caffeine or sugary food or drinks during the evening
Some other ways:
- exercise during the day
- Adults sleep better and feel more rested during the day when they get at least 150 hours of exercise a week.
- getting fresh air and sunshine
- having a healthier lifestyle
Sleep deprivation can cause or increase ill health effects. Wounds heal more slowly. Lack of sleep is associated with excess weight gain. Memory is adversely affected.
- ↑ Study: Physical Activity Impacts Overall Quality of Sleep
- ↑ Wikipedia's article on sleep