A shed is one type of freestanding, small, external or "outbuildings". It's frequently used for gardening supplies or equipment used in outdoor activities.
When purchasing or building a shed, some considerations are
- your skill level, if you intend to build it
- what you are storing
- neighborhood or city regulations
Depending on what you are storing, you may want hooks or shelving. If you'll be working in the shed, you may want windows and better lighting than if you are just storing items there.
Some neighborhoods or cities have regulation about exterior buildings that may restrict putting up or changing exterior buildings like sheds.
- DIY Storage Shed Plans - Considerations For Finding the Right Shed Plans Online
- Sheds, Playhouses and Gazebos on UltraSheds.com (commercial site)
- Build a Storage Shed In 10 Steps Steps to build a simple shed.