Home remedies are those treatments that can be done at home, usually with common household items and ingredients to alleviate ailments or improve health. Most have years of history with trial and error behind them, and many have been found to have true benefits in scientific trials. However, the advice in these articles is not intended as a substitute for professional medical care. Also, because some home remedies truly can affect your health, please let your doctor or other health care provider know about any home remedies you have tried for something they are treating. Some foods can affect the way a medicine behaves, so this can be important information. Home remedies may also include activities or other lifestyle changes besides food.
The following articles (as well as the home remedies category) have some related information.
- chicken soup
- ice, RICE
- home remedies for headaches
- home remedies for sore throats
- home remedies for upset stomachs
- home remedies for burns
- home remedies for bug bites
- My Home Remedies
- the World's Healthiest Foods (As well as having a great deal of information on the nutritional and health benefits of many foods, this site also provides a wealth of links to scientific research studying the health effects.)
- Home Remedies That Work
- Home Remedies from Discovery Health / How Stuff Works
- Remedies from The People's Pharmacy
- Wikipedia's article on home remedy