Gingerbread in baking usually involves the construction of a shape using a form or mould. Or the gingerbread is cooked in relatively flat sheets and cut into shapes prior to cooking or trimmed and "glued" (usually with some form of icing) into structures, such as a gingerbread house. It can also be made thicker -- more like a bread or cake. Several of the recipes below have dough that can be made in advance and then kept cold. Common ingredients are ginger, flour, butter and honey.
- gingerbread on allrecipes.com
- King Arthur Flour's gingerbread recipe
- Fresh Gingerbread with Lemon Icing on Epicurious.com
- Gingerbread Cookies 101 and gingerbread house on the Foodnetwork.com
- How to Make a Gingerbread House on SimplyRecipes
- Wikipedia's article on gingerbread