A garden can provide a hobby, flowers, exercise, food and other items for the household.
Some of the fun aspects of a garden are the fresh air, fresh produce or flowers, and excuse to spend some time outside in the rain or sunshine, a reason to get the hose out and have a water fight . Some of the less fun things are dealing with pests, weeds and sore thighs.
There are many different kinds of gardens -- everything from large "kitchen" gardens for growing foods like herbs, vegetables and fruit to small, indoor window gardens. Some gardens are just for decoration or growing decorations like flowers.
- climate - This affects what to plant and when.
- soil - Affects what will grow well and how much help (fertilizing) it may need. For some flowers, it may even affect their color.
- time - How much time to do you have to spend on gardening?
- purpose - Is your garden for beauty, food or another purpose?
- plants' lifespan - annual, perineal
- cactus garden
- how to get rid of weeds without harsh chemicals
- Wikibooks includes a book on Horticulture
- How to have a 'Star Trek' garden by Judy Lowe, Christian Science Monitor